10 Questions to Ask
Ten 501c3 Questions You Need to Ask
—before choosing who will do your incorporation
and 501(c)(3) application for the IRS
You’ve never done this before, right? It’s your first time, and you feel a bit overwhelmed. It’s OK. It’s not your fault. Almost all our clients have been right where you are, and today they are moving ahead with their nonprofit organizations. They did it, and with our help, you can do it, too.
We believe we are the best place for you to go for incorporation and 501c3 tax-exempt status. The main thing is that you should make sure all these questions are answered to your satisfaction before you make your decision.
1. Will you be able to talk with the lawyer himself? Will he return phone calls? Is customer service a top priority?
Since 1981, we have been serving clients like yourself incorporate and secure 501c3 tax-exempt status with the IRS.
We put customer service as THE top priority, and we always have. That’s why we get so many Rave Reviews (see 8. below).
Premium Plan clients can talk with David Marmon personally. Plan S clients talk with staff, but David is right there backing them up. You won’t get stuck with a secretary. We won’t leave you on hold. We answer calls immediately. This is not just a business for us. It is a service.
2. How much experience does the person or service have?
Since 1981, we have helped 2,400 organizations get their tax-exempt status in all 50 states and around the world. We are like a midwife, providing everything you need. Would you trust a midwife who had helped deliver over 2,400 babies? We would. That’s real experience.
3. Is there any guarantee on how fast the work will be done for you?
We e-mail our documents to you within 5 business days of when we receive each completed questionnaire from you, or we pay you $200. We do everything by e-mail, so the documents arrive within minutes (vs. days and days by the Postal Service). You can have all your documents and have your 501(c)(3) application off to the IRS within two weeks from signup. You may need our QUIK-Incorp service in some slow states. If you’re really in a hurry, you can have your application off to the IRS in a week. Now that’s fast!
4. How easy and convenient will it be?
One of the many nice things about our service is that you do it all at your computer, and all by questionnaires (in most cases, two questionnaires, one for your corporation and one for your 501c3 application). You do it at your own pace, in your own way and at your own convenience. Never leave the comfort of your home. Since you type in the information yourself, your documents will have no typographical errors (unless, of course, they are yours!). We are always here to help you if you have any questions as you are filling out the questionnaires.
5. Will you get just the bare bones Articles and 501(c)(3)?
There’s more to all this than just incorporating and getting the 501(c)(3) Determination Letter. We believe you want to do everything right, dot every “i” and cross every “t.” To do things right, you need six legal documents (one more if you’re a school). Isn’t your nonprofit important enough to do things right? No bare bones, here. We give you everything you need to do it 100% right.
6. Will an attorney be drafting the legal documents?
Those six documents mentioned above will be drafted by our Harvard-trained lawyer. Even though he will not give legal advice, you can be assured that the documents, honed and polished over 34+ years, will be just exactly what you need. Would you trust anyone but a lawyer to draft your legal documents?
(If you come to us already incorporated, there are still legal documents you will probably need.)
7. Will you be under someone else’s “umbrella”?
Once we finish the process for you, you are completely independent. You are not under our “umbrella” or tied to us in any way. There are no ongoing additional costs.
8. Are there “Rave Reviews” from previous clients? Can you contact their clients yourself to get a first-hand opinion of the service?
We have tons of “Rave Reviews.” Go to http://501c3go.com/about-us/rave-reviews/.) Let us know if you want to contact one of those who have written a “Rave Review.” We can probably put you in touch.
9.What documents will you receive that you will need AFTER you get your 501(c)(3) status?
Here’s some icing for your cake:
After our service is over and we gently push you away from the dock, we give you helpful advice and sample documents that you will need in the coming years to keep your corporation running smoothly.
Here are the sample documents you get:
- Unanimous Written Consent of Directors (for Corporate Resolutions)
- Resignation of Director or Officer
- Unanimous Written Consent of Directors to Set Time and Date of Annual Meeting of Board of Directors
- Unanimous Written Consent of Directors to Change Location of Annual Meeting of Board of Directors
- Unanimous Written Consent of Directors to Establish or Change End of Annual Accounting Period
- Waiver of Notice and Consent to Holding of Annual Meeting of Board of Directors
- Minutes of Annual Meeting of Board of Directors
- Unanimous Written Consent of Directors re Failure to Have Annual Meeting of Board of Directors
- Waiver of Notice and Consent to Holding of Special Meeting of Board of Directors
- Minutes of Special Meeting of Board of Directors
10. What other service is there after the 501(c)(3) is obtained?
Although our service is complete, you are still in our 501c3 family. You can still call us and ask questions as you move down the road with your nonprofit. We have answered many hundreds of questions from our past clients over the years. If we don’t have the answer, we’ll do our best to point you in the right direction.
You will also have our Corporate Check-Up program to help you do everything you should do to keep your corporation healthy over the years.