The Jackson Initiative, Inc., engages in programs, services, and partnerships that provide a strong foundation for building a better community. Some of the services we offer are:
· After School Tutoring & Enrichment Activities -Educational and cultural programs and prevention/intervention social services to youth at-risk. Caregivers are also provided support and resources. These services include: homework help; tutoring; life skills training; cultural and recreational events; resource and referrals; as well as workshops for caregivers.
· Entrepreneur Training & Education – Provides individuals with career exploration and workplace tours, mentoring, life skills training; college tours and cultural activities for young people in grades 7-12. Information on entrepreneurship is also available to community members.
· Health & Wellness Education – Programming and services through community partnerships to foster a healthier community. These services proactively respond to the needs of a diverse population, with an emphasis on the prevention of illness and risk reduction practices. A variety of programs that support and affirm health and wellness through the delivery of fun and interactive programming is provided by professional staff.
· Leadership Development Training – This program provides emerging and existing leaders the opportunity to explore the concept of successful leadership, and to develop and improve their leadership skills.
· Volunteer Opportunities – Community service program dedicated to bringing together diverse teams of students and adults from all over. Participants come together several times a month for a short lesson plan on a social issue and then travel together to tackle that issue through a meaningful service project. Mentoring programs are also available.
To learn more about any of the programs or services offered by The Jackson Initiative, Inc., please contact us.