So many success stories to tell!
Success is our specialty. Personal client service is our passion.
We’re moving forward with those who want to Change the World.
You have arrived! It doesn’t get any better than 501c3GO.
Your Harvard Lawyer at your side through the complex state and IRS process.
Since 1981 – 2800 nonprofits with 100% IRS success rate.
Do you want corporate or personal? We’re personal.
Change the World—One of the few things worth doing.
Don’t let anyone but a lawyer do your legal documents.
fast ... easy ... cost effective


Call Us For Free Consultation - (Hablamos español 505-404-1501)


Charitable Solicitation

501c3GO > Nonprofit  > Charitable Solicitation

Charitable Solicitation

If you solicit charitable contributions, you may need to register with the state in which you are soliciting. Forty states require registration. Religious organizations are generally exempted. Here’s the link to know all about it: Filing dates and other filing information may not be current so always check with your specific state authority. Although it is extra paperwork and may require a filing fee, the actual registration is not burdensome, and you should be able to do it yourself without having to pay someone to do it for you. Find info on your state here:


Online solicitation: Some states have gone so far as to take the position that a nonprofit that requests donations online is “soliciting” donations in their state if any resident actually accesses the site. They have even extended this position to include charities soliciting funds via a “commercial donation” site such as or, where donors can contribute online to charities that are registered with the site. Please see this blog for more information:  Online Charitable Solicitation.

Nothing contained herein is to be construed as legal or accounting advice.