What forms do I file after I obtain 501c3 status?

What forms do I file after I obtain 501c3 status? 

First, think about state tax-exempt status. It is generally not difficult. Here is a link that may help you: https://501c3go.com/about-501c3/state-tax-exempt-status/

If you bring in less than $50,000 in a year, you file the 990-N, which is a simple Internet filing with the IRS, no financials. Five minutes. If over $50,000 your CPA will prepare and file the form 990 for you. There is no IRS fee to file.

Most states have annual filing with a small filing fee.

Related Posts

Further Instructions for IRS Form 1023

Part I. Identification of Applicant Part II. Organizational Structure Part III. Required Provisions in Your Organizing Document Part IV. Your Activities Part V. Compensation and Other Financial Arrangements Part VI. Financial

Read More »

Talk to Us!